Tessa & Julia Clement of Auckland, New Zealand (hereinafter “the organizers”), are running a fringe festival on the Internet streamed live by performers based anywhere with adequate Internet service to audiences based anywhere with adequate Internet service (hereinafter “Virtual Fringe” or “the festival”) during August & September 2020.
To register your event in the festival you must make the appropriate payment and complete our registration form. As part of this you agree:
- All activities carried out by the festival are deemed to be carried out in New Zealand and covered solely by New Zealand law.
- You have all necessary rights or permissions (e.g. copyright) to your work.
- You are solely responsible for complying with any laws in your country.
- You agree that the festival is only acting as a directory of shows being produced and performed by independent people and groups and can not accept responsibility for anything beyond providing a listing for your show.
- You specifically agree that as you chose the ticketing agent you use to sell tickets and the streaming service you use to deliver your show and Virtual Fringe is unable to be involved or accept any liability.
Virtual Fringe Reserves the right to:
- Reject any late or incomplete registrations or registrations with fee payment outstanding.
- Crop and edit any event images or text it deems appropriate to fit the design and format of the Virtual Fringe website and social media.
- Reject or alter any event images or text the organizers in their sole discretion deem inappropriate for showing on its website or social media presence, see below. This in no way restricts what producers or artists can do in their events.
- Keep on file, all images, video and information provided by the Artist/Producer or captured by Virtual Fringe for the future promotion of Virtual Fringe.
Virtual Fringe reserves the right not to publish among other things the following :
- Explicit words. These may be included in your event title or description copy, however due to the general rating of Fringe publications the words f*ck and c*nt will be printed as such with symbols replacing one or more characters of the word.
- Images that the organizers in their sole discretion deem are detrimental to or likely to cause damage to either Virtual Fringe or any sponsors of the Virtual Fringe.
- Images that the organizers in their sole discretion deem designed for the purpose of causing offense or that are liable to incite racial, ethnic, religious, transphobic or homophobic hatred.
- Images or copy depicting torture, animal cruelty, or child abuse.
- Realistic, explicit or pornographic images of female nipples, male genitals or female genitals.
- Copy that the organizers in their sole discretion deem to be liable to incite racial, ethnic, religious, transphobic or homophobic hatred.
- Copy that the organizers in their sole discretion believe constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense in New Zealand (where we are based).
- Copy that the organizers in their sole discretion deem detrimental to or likely to cause damage to either Virtual Fringe or any sponsors of the Virtual Fringe.
You will be asked to confirm “I understand and agree with the terms and conditions of Virtual Fringe Registration”, as stated above, during the registration process.
NB: An earlier version of this post had a different end date.